Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Resolution

In the spirit of New Years, I decided that I too would conform to social norms and come up with some sort of "resolution" in the vain attempt to make myself a better person this year than I was last. My resolution is to program a minimum of 2 hours per day. To support this goal -and to keep myself accountable- I sat down last night and created a nice little Android App that keeps track of how many hours a day I have coded. It uses a Chronometer to keep track of how many hours I have programmed on the current day and logs it to a data structure that is displayed using a CalendarView front end. To keep the data persistant between closing the app and returning, I used Google's gson library to export the data as a JSON object and saved it to the local file system. The app is a little rough around the edges but it should get the job done.

Why am I talking about this app on my blog? Well two hours of programming a day will certainly help me progress through my research project and The Art of Computer Programming a little faster. If you want to see the source code for the app so that you can better ridicule my poor work, it can be found in my GitHub repository here: https://github.com/Crackerz/NewYearsResolution

Cheers and Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment